That Carrie Jones gal done went and tagged me in a meme. I’m not going to paste in the book covers like she did. I’m lazy.
Which five book characters are you most like (including, if you want, one of your own)?
1. Samwise from The Lord of the Rings. An adventure would be fun, but I’d kind of have to be pushed into it, and I’m loyal to my friends like Sam. But in the end I’d be looking forward to coming home.
2. David from David Copperfield. Hard to explain this one, considering I wasn’t put to work in a blacking factory as a child and all that, but I’ve always felt a close kinship to David.
3. Max from Where the Wild Things Are. Who hasn’t felt like Max? We all just want to yell, "I’ll eat you up!" to that authority figure every once in a while, right? Then it’s off to solitary confinement to dream about being king of the wild things.
4. Winston Smith in 1984. We all have secrets, right?
5. Shara in Shara. What, you thought I’d say Ulrik? He’s the ideal, despite his flaws. Shara has always been me in female form.
All right, I guess now I have to tag some people. Carrie tagged nine, so I guess that’s what I’ll do. I tag scooterokc and marcy_italiano and j_cheney and rick_hipson and glamberson and dotar_sojat and angelinehawkes and wordgrinder and gayleen .
In completely unrelated news, I got my personal copies of Little Graveyard on the Prairie in the mail yesterday. Bad Moon Books did a really bangup job on it.